Orthopedic Massage Certification
Upcoming Class Dates:
- January 7-8, 2012
- January 21-22, 2012
- February 4-5, 2012
- February 18-19, 2012
- March 3-4, 2012
Class times are Saturday and Sunday 9AM-6PM.
Location: Go Primal Fitness and Training Institute (Gainesville, FL)
Cost: $1499 ($1400 if paid in full one month prior)
To Register: Contact Go Primal Fitness Training Institute at 352-372-5208
This 80-hour hands-on program teaches a comprehensive system of assessments and specific massage techniques that will allow you to facilitate lasting results for clients that are suffering from chronic pain and or injuries.
Orthopedic massage involves advanced therapeutic assessments coupled with specific manipulation and movement of musculoskeletal tissue to reduce pain and dysfunction. Trauma, prolonged poor posture, repetitive motions or any imbalance in the muscular, skeletal or nervous system can predispose a client to injuries, dysfunctions and pain patterns. Identifying and addressing these pre-disposing factors is as important to long-term results as addressing the injury itself. In this course you will learn to do both. In addition you will gain the skill set to recognize and address potential problems before they arise.
In this program you will:
- Learn orthopedic assessments to identify specific injuries as well as bio-mechanical assessments to identify their predisposing cause.
- Learn specific massage techniques for scar tissue, adhesions and trigger points.
- Expand your knowledge of Functional Anatomy, Kinesiology and Biomechanics.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the kinetic chain and how it relates to human function.
- Effectively outline client-specific treatment plans while integrating multiple modalities.
- Learn to work with athletes and sport-specific injuries.
- Learn to communicate and work with other orthopedic experts including medical doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists, and osteopaths.
- Learn to address your client's stress levels and physiological load.
- Gain the confidence and skills needed to thrive in the orthopedic and sports massage industry.
Each of the 5 weekends will cover:
- The anatomy of the muscles and joints covered in that weekend
- The mechanism of the injury
- Orthopedic joint and muscle testing
- Predisposing factors that may contribute to or delay the healing process of the injury
- Injury-specific massage techniques
- Self-care techniques your client can do at home to facilitate their healing